Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream


Recently, BzzAgent gave me the opportunity to try and review Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula hand cream.  The 40 year old, glycerin-rich formula proclaims that it can undo seasons worth of damage to weary skin and improve the look and feel of nails.  Oh yeah, it can also be used as a lip balm.

Wait... what?  That sounds kind of gross. 

Yep, one of the selling points is that this cream is a multi-use product and it is actually a pretty decent lip balm.  I wouldn't replace any of my other balms with this, but in a pinch, it's not bad.  I'm not found of the taste, though I found the original scent to have a better flavor than the unscented, which was kind of surprising.  I could also see where some people could have some serious contamination issues using it for both hands and lips. 


The company states that this formula fights the seven signs of damage: dryness, chapping, splitting nails, dry cuticles, scaliness and roughness.  It's also very thick.  The company also states that the small 2 ounce bottle is good for up to 200 uses.  I laughed when I read that, because it is a very small bottle, indeed.  However, it really does take only a teensy amount and after learning to use the proper amount, I can see a bottle lasting a very, very long time.  The amount you use in one is very crucial, though.  If you use too much, the stuff just stops being absorbed and the excess sits on your skin, leaving your hands a greasy, sticky mess.  This is the main complaint that I've heard from people who try it.  There's a really fine line between just right and way too much.

This is not an instantly moisturizing lotion.  If you're looking for something to instantly soften your hands, you'll probably want to look elsewhere.  This one has a cumulative effect, and it is a really nice one.  I can indeed say that after using this for a couple of weeks, I can see a big difference in my hands and nails.   In fact, in 2012, this cream won Good Housekeeping's Seal of Approval. 

I'm not sure what exactly this entails, except that Good Housekeeping has been around a long time, and I've never read it.  Also, apparently I can return it.  I don't know, I'm digging here. 
Fancy house cleaning magazines aside, this is a great lotion for someone looking to improve the appearance of their hands over time.  This has become my go-to lotion for softness.  I just wish it had a little more immediate oomph to it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spamming another person's blog isn't nice. Don't waste both of our time.