Fing'rs Edge Nail Strips

I spotted the Fing'rs Edge nail strips while wandering around my local Family Dollar Store one day looking for my daughter a box of sidewalk chalk.  I had been interested in trying these newfangled nail stickers for a long time, but haven't been able to catch other brands at a cheap enough price point to justify a try-out.  I usually change my nail polish on a daily basis.  Can a person have nail art related ADD?

The first thing that caught my eye about these were that they were only one dollar.  The ones that first caught my eye were a black roses and fishnet motif, but I ended up going with black based silver glittery zebra stripes.  In retrospect, I should have bought all three varieties, even if the exact design of the third variety is currently slipping my mind. 

As I said, I was a total nail sticker n00b.  Sure, I've done the fake-nail thing a bunch, but that's not the same.  I didn't really know what to expect when I cracked them out of the package.  They were far thicker than I expected; they really made me think of electrical tape.  I'm not sure what I was expecting, actually.

The kit comes with 22 nails, of various sizes.  Here I had some difficulty in finding stickers that fit all of my nails properly.  I wound up with two nails on each hand that were sized wrong.  In both cases, I went with the sticker that was a little bit too small.  I was able to touch up the gaps with a black nail art polish, and it wasn't noticeable.  Honestly, even without the touch up it wasn't very noticeable.  I'm just picky.  I did buff my nails really well with a fantastic $2 Covergirl Queen buffer that I picked up at the same time.  Seriously, that thing is the best nail buffer I've ever tried.

Glamour length!
Of course, before I could trim my hand, disaster strikes.  I will say this, even untrimmed with their sticky backs vulnerable to being snagged on things, these puppies were sturdy.  I also learned that "mu-ohm" screeches and potty breaks really need to be timed accordingly.  Well, actually the nail application needs to be timed properly, lol.

Trimming off the excess was easy, as you just bend it over the tip of the nail and file.  I was surprised at how well it worked, as the material really didn't feel like it would respond well to that treatment.  After that, I followed up with a coat of Orly Top to Bottom.  I did not put a base coat on.

I break my nails off constantly length!

I wore these for two days without any issues of peeling.  They looked fantastic, and I suspect that they would have lasted a good five days.  The only reason they came off is because I couldn't stand it any more, and I pulled them off.  Removal was really easy.  There was a teensy bit of sticky residue left behind that was easily scratched off on a couple of nails. 

I got a lot of compliments on these decals, and my daughter was able to wear her own set from the leftovers.  I'll most definitely be purchasing these again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spamming another person's blog isn't nice. Don't waste both of our time.