Circus by Andrea's Choice: Ringmaster and Spectacle


I had previously reviewed two other shades in this line, and they didn't fare too well.  In fact, I'd go as far as labeling 'em pretty crappy.  Because of this, I kinda groaned when my daughter and I received Ringmaster and Spectacle in our August Glambags.  Still, I'm a polish fetishist, so I thought I'd give them a chance.  I'm very, very glad I did. 
If I didn't know any better, I wouldn't have even guessed that they were from the same brand.  The difference in the four colors contrasts as clearly as night and day.  Ringmaster and Spectacle have the same kinda matte finish as Somersault and Reverso, but their coverage and wear are worlds ahead. 


Spectacle
  Spectacle is a lovely traffic cone orange.  It's not really a neon orange, it's hue is too dark for me to consider it a neon.  However, it is still very bright.  Coverage and wear are quite good.  I didn't have any problems with it chipping or peeling off.  I only wore it for a couple days, so how well out holds up in the long run I couldn't say.  I have polish ADD, so I don't wear them long enough to worry about it lasting several days, lol.  It took 3 coats to get the creamy coverage shown above, but two coats really works just fine.  With two coats, there are a few brush marks, but it's not too obvious.
 
Ringmaster
Fun Fact:  In all the promotional materials I've seen, Ringmaster has been labelled as Tightrope.  I'm so confused!

For as much as I hated the white and yellow polishes in this line, I can not believe that this has become my go-to nail polish.  I love coral-ly hot pink colors, especially on my toes, and this color is perfect.  It may not actually be a coral-ly color, but it's not a true neon pink.  In my mind, there's definitely a smidgen of coral.  Don't break my fantasy!  Coverage is really good, and again, I used three coats in the (bad) pictures above.  Three isn't a necessity, but there are some brush marks with two.  It also holds up rather well.  It does do a weird peeling thing if it gets chipped, though.

Despite my initial reservations, I'm really looking forward to trying out the final polish in this line:  a purple hue that I'm assuming is Tightrope. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spamming another person's blog isn't nice. Don't waste both of our time.