BIC Soleil Savvy Razors (Bzz Campaign report)

A few months ago, I signed up for a promo company called BzzAgent.  If you are accepted into a campaign, companies send you products to try out, and if you honestly like the products, recommend to people you know.  For my first campaign, I was invited to try out BIC's new Soleil Savvy Razors.

In a nutshell, they're standard triple-bladed cartridge razors.  However, they're made with the idea that replaceable cartridges are friggin' expensive and most people don't buy them. 

The first thing that I noticed when I opened the razor (after the initial "ooh, glittery") was the fact that it came with four cartridges.  My normal razor (the Gillette Venus Breeze - what can I say, I'm lazy) comes with two cartridges.  A pack of the BIC Soleil Savvy runs at my local Wal*Mart for around $7.00.  My usual runs around $8, so that's a fantastic value if they're worth it.  

The handle feels nice; it's got a good weight to it.  The cartridges are sturdily made, with the connecters being solid and sturdy.  One of the things that aggravate me most about razors is the fact that my heads tend to break at the point where they join to the handle.  Granted, I'm not the gentlest person in the world, but I don't smash them with hammers either.  Well, not usually.  I haven't experienced this problem with these yet. 

As far as shaving goes, I really didn't expect too much from them.  After all, the BIC line is usually known for cheap disposables.  With razors, you usually get what you pay for.  I was pleasantly surprised when they really did live up to the advertisement.  They really did provide a super-close shave.  In fact, they performed better than any other razor that I've used in a long time.  The blades stayed sharp fairly well, and I got several shaves (full ABL) out of the head before I noticed a difference.

The only thing I wasn't fond of was the fact that the cartridges were just thrown in a little plastic case.  Unlike most cartridge razors, it didn't come with a case to keep them in.  It doesn't bother me too much, it just makes it that much easier to lose the small box.

I really liked these razors.  If they made a version that didn't require shaving cream, I'd be in total heaven.  Still, I think I may be switching to this line.  The price point and features make it a really attractive package.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Spamming another person's blog isn't nice. Don't waste both of our time.